Mandeville, LA – Exclusive Transcript – Back to this controversy over the Boy Scouts of America. I guess they think that they’ve snuffed this thing out and that’s the end of it. They apparently don’t know how those that have been radicalized and those who pursue these sexual equality movements, they apparently have not read what it is that these people’s ultimate goal is. And they apparently do not know that these particular individuals, however loosely or concretely they are organized, do not take no for an answer and they will never stop. The assault will continue, as Jefferson said ad infinitum, forever and ever. Check out today’s transcript for the rest…
Begin Mike Church Show Transcript
Mike: Back to this controversy over the Boy Scouts of America. I have the actual statement from Thursday last from the Boy Scouts Leadership Council. The three of you that are actually awake today and are not on vacation or drunk and hung over have sent me email about the Boy Scouts. All three are similar: Mike, you’re following your media counterparts. The scouts did not say that openly-gay kids could be in the scouts. You need to read the actual statement. Okay, I have the statement here.
Today, following this review, the most comprehensive listening exercise in Scouting’s history the approximate 1,400 voting members of the Boy Scouts of America’s National Council approved a resolution to remove the restriction denying membership to youth on the basis of sexual orientation alone. The resolution also reinforces that Scouting is a youth program, and any sexual conduct, whether heterosexual or homosexual, by youth of Scouting age is contrary to the virtues of Scouting. A change to the current membership policy for adult leaders was not under consideration; thus, the policy for adults remains in place. The BSA thanks all the national voting members who participated in this process and vote.
This policy change is effective Jan. 1, 2014, allowing the Boy Scouts of America the transition time needed to communicate and implement this policy to its approximately 116,000 Scouting units.
The Boy Scouts of America will not sacrifice its mission, or the youth served by the movement, by allowing the organization to be consumed by a single, divisive, and unresolved societal issue. As the National Executive Committee just completed a lengthy review process, there are no plans for further review on this matter.
Mike: I guess they think that they’ve snuffed this thing out and that’s the end of it. They apparently don’t know how those that have been radicalized and those who pursue these sexual equality movements, they apparently have not read what it is that these people’s ultimate goal is. And they apparently do not know that these particular individuals, however loosely or concretely they are organized, do not take no for an answer and they will never stop. The assault will continue, as Jefferson said ad infinitum, forever and ever. You can say: We’ve dealt with this. We’ve got it under control.
It will never end, just like the mission to break down all the barriers to gay marriages or homosexuals being married. That never was the end goal. You know how I know this? I have it on record. I have audio, I have written transcripts of those that are pursuing this talking about it. The institution known as marriage is what the ultimate conquest must be. There must not be any, zero point zero, any reluctance or remonstrance against any form of sexual union or behavior, even if that includes incest and what is known in vulgar terms, that we can say publicly, as polyamory. You can pat yourself on the back all you want and say that this ends it now. This is just the beginning.
Then I go back to Dr. Taylor Marshall writing about “Why I’m Starting a New Boy Scouts: My Catholic Scouting Manifesto.” This is probably long overdue anyway. What you do then, since the old tradition will not be supported, it must be altered because there is nothing permanent ever that’s worth saving, not in our society anyway. Then if you want to save something permanent or you want to try to erect something permanent, you’re going to have to basically start all over again. That’s what Marshall is proposing here.
Mike Church Show Transcript: President Obama Fails To Address The Cause Of Inner City Violence And Poverty
So here’s my manifesto on why we need Scouting, but why we now need an alternative Scouting organization for Catholics: The Scouts of Saint George.
In 1908 Robert Baden-Powell wrote a book for boys about reconnaissance or scouting titled Scouting for Boys. Baden-Powell was a lieutenant general in the British Army.
He developed an ideal for young men about being a “Scout,” and ideal that included mentorship, camping, woodworking, backpacking, sports, and most important of all: virtue and the art of being a man. [Mike: Apparently the art of being a boy on the way to becoming a man is at least partially now defined by your sexuality.]
Scouting spread to America and across the globe and it always possessed a religious element. [Mike: It used to possess a religious element.] We are now at the moment when this integral feature has been denied.
So we need to create a new organization for the old tradition. Here’s what I’m going to do about it, and I need all the brave souls that I can get. This will be an “Eagle Project” of a lifetime!!!!
We are going to make Catholic Scouts happen: the Scouts of Saint George.
Here’s the mini-manifesto in 7 points:
1. The Scouts of Saint George must be Catholic and acknowledge every jot and tittle of the magisterium of the Church – and be in full communion with the Holy Father.
2. A personal relationship with Christ and the growth in manly virtue will be at the heart of the Scouts of Saint George. [Mike: What’s this manly virtue that we speak of? Where do we find that? Bring that up and you’re going to get, “What, you mean Justin Bieber?”]
3. The Scouts of Saint George will be like the Boy Scouts of America with hiking, fishing, camping, merit badges, and a highest rank (equivalent somehow to Eagle Scout). Same format and structure. The Scouts of Saint George won’t reinvent the wheel. Traditional scouting works. Why change it? We’re just going to preserve the tradition and import a Catholic identity.
4. The Scouts of Saint George must have protection from government interference, which means it must be grassroots. Otherwise, we are under government regulation and pressure in the years to come. We must avoid influence from lobbyists and governmental powers to compromise (as has happened with the BSA).
Mike: There’s another thing that you have to do if you want to be free of government. Don’t become a non-profit. There is nothing wrong with being a for-profit entity even if it’s for-profit scouting. As soon as you apply for non-profit status, you make yourself a target, and there’s no escaping that. Why go through this? I do not understand why so many people want to play the big government game. They want you to file as a non-profit so they can torment you and so they can exercise some level of control. This is how the statist game is played. Of course, today this is how the corporatist / statist game is played.
5. The Scouts of Saint George will be free and open-source. Like the original Baden-Powell, all you’ll need is the book, uniform, and badges. That’s it. The rest is grassroots. Fathers and sons organize and simply register or seek recognition from the other Scouts of Saint George.
6. The Scouts of Saint George is global. My goal is to get Pope Francis to approve it and recognize it.
7. Why Saint George? I have a devotion to him and he’s the exemplar for young men in the categories of courage and virginity? We need young men to slay the dragons of our era. Wouldn’t you agree?
Mike: That’s one man’s reaction to the Boy Scout announcement on the vote from the National Scouting Council.
End Mike Church Show Transcript