Mandeville, LA – Few experiences in life can prepare you for the Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Walsingham, undertook this day by our Regina Magazine our group and the English Latin Mass Society led by Joseph Shaw. The final leg of the pilgrimage was walked by yours truly and Mittus Maggie O’Connell along with Beverly Stevens and our tour group. We took in a beautiful High Mass said by the Fr. James Mawesdley (FSSP). Fr. James led us on pilgrimage chanting in beautiful Latin the Glorious and Sorrowful mysteries of the most Holy Rosary. Fr. James was assisted by seminarians from the German FSSP at Wigratzbad, Daniel and Gwilym.
The final “Holy Mile” was a test of not only faith but mortifying endurance which I walked as tradition says you should, barefoot in torrential rains which washed pebble sized, sharp flint-rock from the high side of the road onto the surface. The final 100 yards is across a gravel road to the field of the ancient abbey. The abbey, seen in person, is a magnificent sight to behold in person; the photographs on the internet and here cannot do it justice.
Prayer Intentions carried by Mike Church and Candace Faith Church during pilgrimage, Mass, reconciliation and Benediction:
- All CRUSADER Knights of the Most Holy Rosary
- All CRUSADER Monastery prayer requests
- All intentions sent to The CRUSADE Channel
- Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Pearce and family
- The family of David Simpson
- The family of Peter Caire
- The intentions of the Mysterium Fideii, LMS society of NOLA
- The intentions of Fr. Ken Allen