Armenian Potato Salad
Submitted by Sandi J.
This homemade recipe was an attempt to recreate a delicious dish from Seta’s Cafe in Belmont, MA. The salad is fragrant from the lemon and packed with flavor. Add some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- 5lb Potatoes, Yukon gold or new
- medium red onion, diced
- green onion/scallions
- Lg red pepper – diced
- Lg greep pepper – diced
- 2-3 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp dried mint
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Optional pinch red pepper flakes
- Slice potatoes (peeled or unpeeled) to equal size, about 1-11/2 inches for even cooking.
- Boil in salted water until fork-tender, drain well and spread on a foil lined baking sheet over a rack to cool completely. If additional salt is needed, add to next step.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine olive oil, juice from two lemons, and dried herbs in a large enough bowl to hold potatoes. Add additional salt, lemon juice, herbs and optional pinch of red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add diced red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and sliced scallions to oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Once potatoes are cooled, gently mix into other ingredients. Add additional seasonings to taste. Serve at room temperature.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerator. Just like other potato salads, this one gets even happier the next day.