HEADLINE: In Soviet Union, Day Care Is the Norm by Hedrick Smith
- The Original Universal Daycare = Stay At Home Moms
- The Greek term that means economics of the home.
- “The vast majority of Soviet families require the salary of a working wife to make ends meet. Repeatedly, Soviet citizens express astonishment when they learn that an American father can support a family of two, three or four children without his wife’s working. Many are also surprised that American women would willingly have more than one child.” from The New York times Archives December 17, 1974, page 42
- There was no victor in the Cold War.
- TWEETS from Oren Cass about this NYT article from 1974
- Did you know there was NO 2 day weekend? That came in 1928. There was only Sunday…and Mass.