Special Guest Brother Andre Marie from the St. Benedict Center
Host of ReConquest here on The Crusade Channel
Follow Brother Andre Marie here: Twitter – @Brother_Andre email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- First take away is this – this still seems to be somewhat of a controversy.
QUESTION: The date for the beginning of Paschal Tide – we are over this controversy.
- The controversy today has nothing but the two calendars to explain it. Easter can be a MONTH off between the two calendars. This year they are a week off.
- The Bishops because they copied the Jewish observance of Passover, keep in mind talking about early Christianity, there is an overlap.
- The people and the practices of the old and new testament.
- The Angel of Death – damnation of sorts
- Peace maker that came from the East to tell the Pope how celebrating Easter. He subsequently lifted the sanctions on those early Christians.
- The 1st Sunday of Spring – the Fathers of Nicaea, First Council of Nicaea determined to settle this once and for all so we could all observer Easter on the same day.
- “Dom Prosper Guéranger” – Prosper Louis Pascal Guéranger, O.S.B. was a French Benedictine monk and priest, who served for nearly 40 years as the Abbot of Solesmes Abbey.
- Just the first week or Octave of Eastertide – This is how important this time is for Christians. (Dom Prosper books)
- There are NO Ember Days in Pascaltide.
- 40 days of Fasting and 50 days of Feasting! (not glutinous of course)
- Astronomers – they were heavily relied on back in the day.
- Catholics fixed the calendar for people.
- Catholics are the reason we have a Bible today.
- Mike tells story about Ashley’s Confirmation in Florida last weekend etc – traveling Fatima statue The Epiphany of Our Lord Catholic