Mandeville, LA – “We live in dark times” is a common refrain these days what is less common, nay, almost unheard is “we’re doing something about the dark times we live in”, that’s where you come in. The confraternity unites men in Holy War against evil that has found mass acceptance and even legal protection. Our primary weapon is what Saint Padré Pio called “my weapon”… the Most Holy Rosary.
The Patroness of The CRUSADER Knight confraternity is Our Lady of Walsingham for Her miraculous intercession on my vocation’s behalf before, during and after my pilgrimage to Walsingham. She provided prayed for financial support and fraternal relationships that are still bearing ever increasing fruits. Knowing the history of devotion to Our Lady of Walsingham, these intercessions and our patronage of Her makes eminent sense considering.
Richeldis de Faverches, Lady of the Manor of Walsingham, was saying her prayers when she received a vision of the Virgin Mary. In her vision, she was taken to the Holy House at Nazareth. It was difficult at that time for Christians to visit the holy land because of their occupation by Muslim forces.
Our Lady asked the Lady Richeldis to build an exact replica of the Holy House at Walsingham and hence Walsingham became known as “England’s Nazareth.”
This was followed by a twice-repeated vision of St. Joseph, Mary and the Child Jesus at Nazareth, during which the Lady of the Manor was commanded to build a replica of the Holy House, in which the Annunciation took place, on her own land for the use of the Crusaders as a focus for devotion.
Richeldis gave instructions for the edifice, but the following night she was awakened by singing: she investigated and saw Angels departing and the Holy Hose had been miraculously built.
The Prayers To Our Lady of Walsingham
The first prayer is for our general devotion and our Patroness’s intercession in Intention 1, 2 and 3. The second prayer speaks directly to Intention 4′ s plea for our families and friends who have departed the Faith and thus our Mother’s protective mantle, to return.
O Mary, recall the solemn moment when Jesus, your divine son, dying on the cross, confided us to your maternal care. You are our mother, we desire ever to remain your devout children. Let us therefore feel the effects of your powerful intercession with Jesus Christ. make your name again glorious in the shrine once renowned throughout England by your visits, favours, and many miracles.
Pray, O holy mother of God, for the conversion of England (USA), restoration of the sick, consolation for the afflicted, repentance of sinners, peace to the departed.
O blessed Mary, mother of God, our Lady of Walsingham, intercede for us.
O blessed Virgin Mary, Our Lady of Walsingham, Mother of God and our most gentle Queen and Mother, look down in mercy upon us, our parish, our country, our homes, and our families, and upon all who greatly hope and trust in your prayers, (especially…) By you it was that Jesus, our Savior and hope, was given to the world; and he has given you to us that we may hope still more. Plead for us your children, whom you did receive and accept at the foot of the Cross, O sorrowful Mother. Intercede for our separated brethren, that with us in the one true fold they may be united to the Chief Shepherd, the Vicar of your Son. Pray for us all, dear Mother, that by faith fruitful in good works we all may be made worthy to see and praise God, together with you in our heavenly home. Amen.
Our Lady of Walsingham, Pray for us.
Below are the Five Intentions to Our Lady of Walsingham, one each for a decant of the daily recitation/intentions of the Most Holy Rosary of The Blessed Virgin Mary; a CRUSADER Knight of The Most Holy Rosary, reverently prays these at least once per day. I composed these through much contemplation, Rosary prayer and imploring the Paraclete for inspiration. These are the principle intentions a CRUSADER Knight of the Most Holy Rosary prays to Our Lady of Walsingham to intercede for us, always appealing for the Paraclete’s intervention as well “to soften hearts and move wills into action”. A CRUSADER Knight of The Most Holy Rosary takes a simple oath to execute these prayers daily; pray Angelus at Noon and to learn and live the precepts of the Confraternity listed below.
Of the First Intention to Our Lady of Walsingham.
For those who hold the legal and legislative power to do so, that their hearts may be softened and their will’s moved to action for the following: To bring about an end to all legal protections for the following mortal sins that cry to heaven for vengeance.
To restore legal protections that have elapsed for:
Of the Second Intention to Our Lady.
• To make reparations for the 5 blasphemies against Her Immaculate Heart.
Of the Third Intention to Our Lady.
• [short] To bring an end to the cultural protections given to the infamy, continually cast, in all forms of broadcast and print media, in every hour of every day, upon the Divine example of The Holy Family. [end short] We implore the intercession of and devotion to the Holy Family and especially that of the glorious spouse of Our Lady, Saint Joseph. That our young men may take Saint Joseph as their example and pray to become chivalrous and chaste as Joseph was in marriage to Our Lady; courageous and brave in protecting Our Lord from the hordes of Herod and obedient to God as he was in carrying out the circumcision of Our Lord. To Our Mother, Mediatrix of all Graces:
• For the Grace to practice devotion to the Holy Family.
• For the Grace to promote & defend devotion to the Holy Family.
Of the Fourth Intention to Our Lady.
• For Her Immaculate Heart ‘s triumph: Over the heresies of Luther et al so that all our brothers and sisters in Christ may be returned to the One, True Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Over that most evil and violent of heresies, Islam, for the conversion and confirmation of all muslims to The Faith.
Of the Fifth Intention to Our Lady.
• For the conversion and reversion of our children, siblings, parents and family members who are lukewarm; have fled; or are in active denial, apostasy or persecution of The One True Church. For the promotion and defense of those actively living and promoting The Faith through their secular vocations.
• To pray in solidarity with our Brother CRUSADER Knights of The Most Holy Rosary for each other’s own personal intentions.
Our Patrons: Jacques Cathelineau
The Patron of the CRUSADER Knights of The Most Holy Rosary is the hero of The Vendee: Jacques Cathelineau; Generalissimo of the Catholic and Royal Army (5 January 1759 – 14 July 1793).
Cathelineau was a Catholic, French Vendéan insurrection leader during the French Revolution. He was known among his followers as the Saint of Anjou. We learn of Cathelineau from Wikipedia.
He was a devout Catholic, and supported the Church’s traditional role in French society. His great physical strength, charisma, and piety enabled him to command the respect of his fellow Vendeans.
In the first years of the Revolution, Cathelineau joined the numbers of Vendean peasants disgusted by the Civil Constitution of the Clergy, the draft laws, and the execution of King Louis XVI of France. He collected an army of peasants and waged a private war against the government of the First French Republic.
This uprising came on 12 March 1793, and within two days Cathelineau had a force of 12,000 men, mostly peasant farmers. Their motto: “Long live the King, Long live the good priests! & White cockade.”
From the Holy Family Academy:
“The Vendeens had a great deal of initial success, quickly growing in numbers, and taking the city of Samaur on 9 June 1793. In an attempt to continue their momentum, Cathelieau had his Royal and Catholic Army march on the nearby port city of Nantes. This ended in disaster and left him wounded. The zealous commander of the Vendee rising died the next month, in July.”
Cathelineau was made a French noble and his case for canonization was made at the end of the 18th century but has stalled because the diocesan records needed were destroyed during the Nazi occupation in World War II. His body is inside a little church in the Florent of France, the Chappelle Cathelineau. He is buried next to his son, Joseph Cathelineau.
Cathelineau provides a striking figure of virtue, piety and CRUSADER manliness. In the portrait of Cathelineau shown above, note the presence of as many supernatural weapons and shields as their are material.
- He wields a Holy Rosary with a Saint King Louis IX medal attached!
- Note that the prominent Crucifix is NOT attached to his rosary, that Crucifix can be clearly seen just left of the second vest button.
- He has a Sacred Heart of Jesus, made from rough hewn canvas, and pinned to his left lapel!
- His sword is inscribed “Cathelineau” with a Fluer de lis carved in before and after the name!
In our daily battle against the supernatural and natural evil of this world, let the CRUSADER Knight remember the example of Jacques Cathelineau who placed, God, King and the Faith above life itself. Jacques Cathelineau, oremus!