Mandeville, LA – It has become fashionable to compose electronic correspondence (hate mail) addressed to “public personalities” that the writers cannot possibly know yet feel entitled to weigh in the inner contents of the “personality’s” mind. My response’s are inline, italics…
I was cut off yesterday before I could make my point, almost certainly by design.
Yes, I “cut off” lots of callers, in fact all of them “by design” in the process of taking phone-calls on-air during the course of a show. I answered the question not realizing the entire endeavor was a setup for the rest of the call (see points 3 & 4)
In any event, four things:
1) To suggest I’m as likely to encounter the vulgar T-shirt in Japan or Sweden as in the U.S. is ludicrous. You know it and your listeners know it.
How is it possible that I “know it”? As stated during the Atheist Inquisition this call was setup to be, I’ve never been to Japan. As far as “listeners know it”, no, I don’t know that they do and would not be so arrogant to speak for them but I hope to see them speak for themselves, to you, right here.
2) Let’s set aside whatever conditions the U.S. placed upon Japan after the war. Japan has never been a “Christian” society. So even assuming the Japanese were ever kept in line “morally” by worshiping some higher power, that higher power was not Christian.
1. I never claimed that they were however there were some famous martyrs from the island and Nagasaki, pre-Truman’s genocide, was home to a Catholic monastery. I specifically said “the Japanese people regarded the Emperor and his order as sacred.” You really are touchy about any intimation of a higher authority than you, Kyle. I shall pray for you, to Our Lord, for your conversion.
3) To the extent you admit that any moral/good person has ever existed who was not Christian, you admit that being Christian has nothing to do with being moral or good. Stop insisting to the contrary because you have no leg to stand on.
Wow, you really are obsessed with my talk about Our Lord, Catholicism and Christianity in general. Maybe you should listen to the death metal channel on SiriusXM? I will not admit what you demand because the foundation of morality is the faith in a higher authority that will compel an atonement for disobeying His commandments which the West’s moral order is based on.
4) Regarding today’s show, those French nuns deserve exactly the same amount of respect for their beliefs as the 9/11 hijackers: ZERO. Can’t you see how ridiculous it is to praise Christians for embracing death yet ridicule Muslims for doing the same thing?
By now, I have my rosary out and will double the prayers I promised you earlier Kyle. The Carmelite Nuns accepted their crown of martyrdom having committed no act of violence against thousands of innocent people. Jihad is a perversion of what Catholics call “acts of mortification”. Remember those commandments spoken of above admonish the believer to “not murder (kill)”. Those glorious nuns lived lives of devotion to Our Lord, took vows of poverty and celibacy and served the poor around them with every fiber of their being. Your comparing their acceptance of death for refusing to renounce their faith to mass murder puts you in league with Him, and you’re doing a great job for The Fallen One. Again, I pray for your conversion, only the Grace of Our Lord can heal the boiling anger in your soul (like or not you do have one). Deus Benedictu
Kyle – Tampa