St. Philomena Chaplet
- 6mm – red beads
- 6mm – white beads
- Silver plated St. Philomena pendant (double-sided)
- Silver plated tri-bead Our Lady
The chaplet also known as the rosary or Little Crown of St. Philomena was founded by the Holy Curé of Ars and consits of red beads to signify Her martyrdom and white beads a token of Her Virginity and Purity. This shaplet is one of the simplest ways of praying to the Saint.
How to Pray the Chaplet:
- First the creed is recited on the Crucifix or medal of Saint Philomena to ask for the gift of Faith.
- Three Our Fathers on each of the white beads to thank the Blessed Trinity for the gifts given to the Holy Virgin, for in whose honour, laid down Her life.
- The red beads are thirteen in number and signify the 13 years our Martyr lived on earth and this prayer is recited on each bead:Hail, O holy Saint Philomena, my dear patroness.As my advocate with thy Divine Spouse,intercede for me now and at the hour of my death.Saint Philomena, beloved daughter of Jesus and Mary,pray for us who have recourse to Thee.
- This prayer may be substituted for 13 Hail Mary’s each followed by: Saint Philomena, pray for us!