Don Livingston interview title: Smaller Government – & Most Everything Else – Is Still More Beautiful!
Special Guest Professor Donald Livingston
Professor of Philosophy at Emory University and a David Hume scholar
Author of Rethinking the American Union for the Twenty-First Century
- Large Empires w/ central government ruling.
- Very small republics – the public things – these were very small there were about 1500 of them. The largest was Athens.
- That civilization created world class artist, architects and much more.
- It was a very unique civilization.
- You mention Florence, until the state of Italy was created in 1880, they had Papal States.
- We need to carve the Northern part of Virginia off for sure.
- They handled this through Secession.
- Massachusetts and Maine – Maine LEFT Massachusetts!
- After Lincoln we get this ONE NATION INDIVISIBLE
- The Pledge of Allegiance – The meaning of the war can be put into 3 words.
- The war was about centralizing power NOT about slavery.
- TRIVIA on Gov. Morris –
- Human Scale – as compared to bedroom sizes
- Washington is a cancer that is spreading to all other states.
- Why Some Americans Need to Believe the Civil War Was About Slavery – NEW BOOK (It will be in 3 parts.)
- Michael F Holtz – the War of Northern Aggression
- A political act of survival! The Civil War
- A sectional party – the hatred of the South was out of control b/c it was so fertile. Most of the goods/commodities came from the South.
- The political party opposed the SECTION….the South.
- Agitation over slavery was why SOME states seceded.
- 4 states voted NOT to join the Confederacy
- 7 States seceded and voted no.
- Gods and Generals – official movie trailer
- There are organizations that are actively trying to protect this history!
- Smaller Government IS better!
Mike Church Biography – “Too Catholic For Satellite Radio”
In May of 2015, Chris Ferrara wrote a bio pic essay on a talk-radio host who was then completely unknown to Catholic, talk-radio fans.
The Mike Church Interview: A Remarkable Conversion to Tradition Changes the Face of Political Talk Radio Featured
Chris wrote of me back then, words that were too kind but serve as a basis for this biography.
Indeed, over the past year or so Mike Church has emerged as the only traditionally Catholic conservative in talk radio today, anywhere in the world. And I mean traditional. Not only during my appearances on the show, but now thematically, Mike has turned the longest running political talk show on Sirius Radio into an unabashed presentation of the Social Kingship of Christ, traditional Catholic moral teaching, and even the traditional Latin liturgy as the solution to what is evidently otherwise a terminal civilizational crisis. I have been invited on the show numerous times to defend all of these things explicitly, to speak of the one true Church, and even to call upon conservative Protestants to enter the Church if they are serious about saving our nation and our civilization.
From there, on October 26, 2015, my 13 year run on Sirius Satellite Radio came to a close when my contract was not renewed. Chris would follow the above bio with an updated one titled, The Mike Church Show – Too Catholic For Satellite Radio.
MIKE CHURCH BIOGRAPHY FACTS
- Born, February 2nd, New Orleans
- Begun talk-radio in 1992, WSLA, Slidell LA, I have been off air a total of 7 months since.
- Launched the Sirius Satellite Radio service as its FIRST – LIVE talk-show on 10 March, 2003.
- Promoted to Morning Drive on the SiriusXM Patriot Channel, May 2009, the 3rd most listened to show on the platform
- From July 2007 – present, founded Founding Father Films, wrote, produced, narrated and directed 9, full length audio features, two that made it to DVD!
- Returned to the Roman Catholic Church’s Tridentine Mass and Tradition in 2013. Consecrated to Our Lady via de Montfort’s formula in December 2014.
I had been planning for SiriusXM to “whack me” since 2012 and had laid the structural groundwork for the next step in my career: launching the Veritas Radio Network and The CRUSADE Channel. On November 1st, 2015, in a video webcast for the press, I announced the VRN and that on November 15th, the Mike Church Show would be silent no more and would return to the air, this time on a platform custom built for LIVE talk radio. Smaller Government is Better!